As an impartial organization, we can provide you with expert, free advice on all aspects of your conference or congress, drawing on a wide and diverse network of contacts. Basel Tourism is also your professional partner for all questions relating to Basel as a venue for meetings and congresses.
|Advice||Professional, free and neutral advice|
|Arranging meeting and congress venues||
|Obtaining and managing on-call quotas||
Reserving and managing room quotas in hotels of various categories (not only in the City of Basel but also in the Northwestern Switzerland region and in neighbouring areas of France and Germany)
Creating a room reservation form on the congress website and/or an online booking link
Processing reservation queries (via internet, telephone or fax) within 48 hours
Sending reservation confirmations to event participants and processing requests to change and cancel bookings.
|Organization of accompanying programmes and incentives||
Drawing up proposals for accompanying programmes in cooperation with partners and/or service companies
Helping to find and reserve a suitable venue for the event and accompanying programme (e.g. celebration dinner, cocktail reception, etc.).
Organizing all kinds of team events and group and association activities
Day trips for groups (Switzerland, Germany, France)
Creating an online congress registration platform for participants
Collection of the registration fee by Basel Tourism (transfer of total income from registrations after the event).
Printing of event badges for participants
Operation of a registration desk at the event.
Additional services: USB sticks with congress documentation, printing of lanyards and congress bags
Supervising the entire application process
Creation of an application dossier with all the necessary documents about Basel, including a letter from the Basel government
Creating presentations about Basel for decision-making bodies, providing support when giving presentations if necessary
Organizing and accompanying inspection trips to Basel by decision-making bodies
|Support by the Canton of Basel-Stadt||Supporting and clarifying financial support from the Canton of Basel-Stadt|
|Organization of hosts/hostesses||
Providing congress hosts/hostesses experienced in managing event rooms, as well as registration and information desk staff, entrance staff, etc.
Providing event security staff
|Transfers/transportation||We organize all kinds of group transfer in cooperation with local partners|
Operation of a Welcome Desk at Basel Mulhouse Freiburg EuroAirport
Operation of a tourist information desk at your event
“Flying concierges” to provide information for event participants
- Official partner of MCH Messe Schweiz AG, St. Jakobshalle Basel and St. Jakob-Park Basel for hotel reservations
- ITI World Symposium 2017 (4500 participants)
- JCI 2017 Junior Chamber International European Conference (1500 participants)
- ESC 2016 Congress of the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health (2500 participants)
- ECFS 2016 European Cystic Fibrosis Conference (2300 participants)
- ISDH 2016 International Symposium on Dental Hygiene (2000 participants)
- ECFS 2016 Annual congress European Society of Cystic Fibrosis (2200 participants)
- DialogPlus 2015, Raiffeisen (10000 participants)
- DGHO Jahrestagung Basel 2015 (4500 participants)
- IFA Basel 2015 (2200 participants)
- Global Infrastructure Basel, 2012-2015 (300 participants)
The brochure «Meeting Venues in Basel.» contains detailed information about the business locations the congress center, event location and hotels in Basel.